Friday, May 13, 2011

Holt Girl #3

The newest member of our family arrived on May 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm. She was a few days late and I suspect was up spending time with my dear grandmother who had passed away just days before. I started having contractions on Thursday and while they weren't regular, they kept coming. Thinking it was time, we took the girls to Brock's parents and drove to the hospital -Elsa came so quickly that we didn't want to take any chances. But after an hour at the hospital, they sent me home! I was shocked and a little embarrassed, I've had 2 kids, but the contractions weren't regular. So we went to eat and walk around a lot, and nothing happened, they completely stopped. I am sure now that she was just allowing me to be able to attend Grandma Reeder's funeral and be with all my family at that special time. When Monday morning rolled around, I was ready. We decided to be induced so my sisters who had all flown in for the funeral could meet their niece before they left. We arrived at the hospital about 8:00 in the morning and things went very smoothly. My doctor invited Brock to assist in the delivery which was a first for him! She came out with tons of dark hair and weighing in slightly smaller than her sister but still holding her own at 8 lbs. 7 oz. She is the sweetest little thing and we couldn't be happier to have her here safely. After much deliberation & negotiation, we finally settled on a name.
Ada Ann Holt
We think it suits her beautifully.


Grandparents


First look at their new little sister.

Grandma Elaine
First Bath with Dad









10 comments:

The Adamsons said...

So adorable! Love her so much already. Welcome Ada to the family!

jen said...

She is darling! Congrats to your family. Loves Jen.

Melanie said...

Congrats. She is gorgeous!

Bourgeous said...

She is stunning! Congrats to your family.

Eliza said...

Oh my gosh she is just stunning! Those cheeks are to die for. congrats! When will the mom's and the extra help die down? When they do, please let me know and I would love to have your girls over.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad it all went well. She's a cutie! You Holts need to share your secret for having so many girls!!

Reghan said...

Yea for baby Ada! So glad to have her in our family! Will miss you guys. Lots of love.

whit said...

Somer, she is gorgeous! I love the name and another girl in your beautiful family. Congrats to you and Brock.

Garth Tingey said...

The few extra days waiting for her seem to have paid off-I can't wait to someday meet all the sweet Holt girls in person. And bravo to a brave dad in the delivery room!

Jode said...

She is so beautiful...and I love the name! Can't wait to see her in person! xoxoxo