Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Big Campout



Brock has been dying to take Greta backpacking for a long time and the day finally came. He and his friend Kenton planned a campout with their girls (their Kate is just Greta's age). I must admit I had my doubts, Brock set up the tent in the backyard a couple of weeks ago to test the waters of sleeping outside. Once they were all settled in ready for bed, Greta started saying "I want to sleep in the house, Daddy". But she ended up doing a great job and according to Brock she is better camper than me.
As they were hiking in, it started raining lightly. Brock asked Greta if she wanted to stop under a tree. She said "No, Daddy I want to keep walking." That night, I guess the weather got worse. It thundered and rained hard but Brock said Greta did great. They snuggled up in their tent and she slept great.

The campers from the front
And the back- she was so excited about that backpack.
Kenton & Kate and Kenton's dad Kai, with Brock and Greta
Kate and Greta
They had a great time and can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

Bourgeous said...

What a cute dad taking his girl camping. I am so glad that they had a good time!