Monday, May 30, 2011

The last 3 weeks have been full of feedings, diapers and little sleep -but we've had lots of great help. When we brought our new little one home, my sister Reghan was here from New York. She & my mom were amazing, they took our two big girls to my mom's house for several days. We had the first 3 nights home from the hospital with just us & the baby. The girls LOVE Aunt Reghan and we wish we could see more of her, I'm glad she was able to be here to meet her new niece.


These were taken at a shower for my cousin, held 5 days after Ada was born. We just had to be there, we are so excited for Kristina who is having her first and a girl!
Brock has been fortunate enough to take off time from work to be home and help out. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. He has taken the girls on daily outings, keeping them busy and giving me time to recover. Here are some "highlights"....
A cousin's birthday party at Menchie's.


Checking out the sleeping bags at REI

Spending a little time on the potty
Eating popcorn & checking out the elephants at the zoo.

The zoo train ride
And the hikes - this one takes the cake. Coming around a bend they came across this incredible field of yellow flowers. The girls loved it and what a cute dad - making daisy crowns for them.




And mom has been home with this little darling. She is so tiny and sweet and I can't get enough.

Love this face & that smile

3 comments:

The Adamsons said...

thanks for posting somer! i miss you guys...glad to see you're getting along well. give the girls big hugs and kisses from their auntie!

Heather said...

Congrats. she is adorable. let me know if you need anything, I asked your husband at church right after you had the baby and he said you guys were doing fine, but let me know if you need anything

Reghan said...

I love these photos. Those girls in the flower field, oh my goodness! And little Ada is so cute. She has such big eyes. Thanks for sharing!